Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Social Media "How To"

Ok … so here it goes … my very first blog post.

I am going to start by saying I did not completely know what the term “social media” meant until I walked into my first class at Humber College last week. Then I realized I do, to a certain extent. I have a Facebook page and a Twitter account, but that was it. I did not write a blog, let alone know how to embed videos or link a word to another webpage. Lets just say social media is overwhelming! So here is my first blog post. I hope it is helpful to you if you are thinking about creating a blog of your own ...

Have you ever found yourself completely overwhelmed by all of the emerging forms of social media? I know I have. There are so many different applications, programs, processes and even login names and passwords to remember that I feel like I am on social media overload. Luckily, we have come up with a few "How To" tips to help you (and I) out! Hopefully all your burning questions will be answered.

Now-a-days it is much easier to answer the how to questions you may have. When I wanted to learn how to embed a video I went to my trusty friend Google and typed in "how to embed a video" and my problems were solved. After going though the many articles and videos that came up, YouTube came to my rescue. This simple (and short) video showed me how to embed a video to a website and to a blog.


There you go! You will embedding your videos in no time at all. For even more insight on how to embed videos, take a peek at Shelley and Hayley's blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment